What You Ought to Know:
– Crescendo Health, a real-world knowledge startup that’s drastically reshaping how scientific researchers get entry to hard-to-reach affected person knowledge to help their scientific analysis immediately formally introduced its launch with $3.4M in seed funding from Define Ventures in addition to the founders and CEOs of many different well-known organizations.
– Based by the co-founder of Datavant (merged with Ciox in a $7 billion deal), and a prime product-management chief from Grand Rounds (merged with Doctor On Demand to kind Included Well being), Crescendo Well being is a public profit company that’s unlocking entry to historically siloed well being knowledge for each sufferers and scientific analysis sponsors. Crescendo companions with analysis sponsors like pharma/biopharma, medical system makers and contract analysis orgs to get knowledgeable consent from research contributors, then collects all of their longitudinal knowledge from their suppliers, payers, EHRs, pharmacy claims, and even earlier scientific trials.
Speed up Medical Trials By Unlocking Affected person Well being Knowledge
Crescendo Well being collects this data by way of APIs, knowledge partnerships, and different strategies, changing that knowledge right into a format that’s accessible to sufferers and helpful for researchers. In consequence, scientific analysis sponsors obtain an ongoing, longitudinal view of affected person well being that informs extra complete analysis. Sponsors can leverage Crescendo Well being’s mannequin to help a wide range of use instances, together with:
– Well being economics and outcomes analysis that displays the entire affected person journey, together with the true prices of their care.
– Publish-marketing observational research or security registries that scale back the burdens positioned on websites and sufferers, whereas additionally decreasing prices for sponsors; and
– Longer-term follow-up or observational extension research that assist researchers perceive the impression of interventions over time.
Traditionally, scientific analysis sponsors have struggled to collect data from research contributors past the restricted factors of contact that happen throughout a research. This leaves out crucial knowledge from contributors’ different encounters with the healthcare system, together with data from main care or emergency division visits, lab exams, prescription fills and extra.
Crescendo Well being helps fill these gaps for research sponsors utilizing a novel strategy made potential after the implementation of the twenty first Century CURES Act, which empowered sufferers with extra rights to gather and use their well being knowledge. As a part of its core perception that each particular person has an absolute proper to their very own knowledge, the corporate additionally makes the data it gathers out there to every participant by way of a safe portal.
Crescendo Well being plans to scale its companies all through the life sciences business and can use the funding to construct software program instruments that can allow its shoppers to analysis the longitudinal results of therapies and observe outcomes over time.